Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Universalis

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us American Catholic 1,000 Years of Peace Project

Thursday, October 12, 2006

 

This day gospel




Saint Symeon the New Theologian (around 949-1022), Orthodox monk
Invocation to the Holy Spirit, Introduction to the Hymns

“How much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him.”

Come, Holy Spirit. Come, true light. Come, eternal life. Come, hidden mystery. Come, nameless treasure. Come, ineffable reality. Come, unending happiness. Come, light that never sets. Come, you who awaken those who are asleep. Come, resurrection of the dead. Come, oh Powerful One, who always makes and remakes and transforms everything simply by your will. Come, you who always remain motionless and who nevertheless are entirely in movement at every moment, so as to come to us who are lying among the dead, oh you who are above the highest heavens.

Come, eternal joy. Come, you who desired and desire my destitute soul. Come, you who are the Only One to the one who is alone, since as you see, I am alone. Come, you who separated me from everything and who made me solitary in this world. Come, you who yourself became desire in me, who caused me to desire you, the absolutely inaccessible One. Come, my breath and my life. Come, consolation of my poor soul. Come, my joy, my glory, my unending delight.

I give you thanks for having become one single spirit with me (Rom 8:16), without confusion, without change, without transformation, you the God above everything, and for having become for me all in all (1 Cor 15:28)… I give you thanks for having become for me the light that never sets, the sun that does not go down; for you have nowhere to hide, you who fill the universe with your glory! No, you have never hidden from anyone, but it is we who always hide from you, refusing to go with you…

So come, oh Master, set up your tent in me today (Jn 1:14); build your house and dwell in me, your servant, constantly, inseparably, until the end, oh you who are very good. And when I leave this world, may I also find myself again in you, oh you who are very good, and may I reign with you, God, who are above everything.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Check Page Rank

Share Your Heart and God's Love

This site is a member of WebRing. To browse visit here.

This

Blessed Virgin Mary Ring

owned by
My catholic daily meditation



[ Join | Previous | Next | Skip Previous ] [ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Previous 5 Sites | List Sites ]

This RingSurf

Jesus,
I trust in You

Net Ring owned by
Danielle Stighed.


Random Site | List Sites | JOIN

He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.
~ John 7:38
LIVING WATERS

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete. ~
2 Timothy 3:16,17

Powered by Jesus Christ!

List All Sites

Statistics

Random Site JOIN!

This Living Waters Ring is owned by Danielle Stighed.

This Catholic Moms on the Internet site is owned by My catholic daily meditation.

Want to join the Catholic Moms on the Internet?

[Skip Prev] [Prev] [Next] [Skip Next] [Random] [Next 5] [List Sites]