Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Universalis

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us American Catholic 1,000 Years of Peace Project

Sunday, October 15, 2006

 

Second Meditation for Sunday : OUR LORD



PLACE yourself in the presence of God, kneeling with your hands clasped.
Read slowly and devoutly

Apocalypse, chap. i, verses 11-18. I was," & down to " of death and of hell." *

"
Apocalypse 1:10: I was in the spirit on the Lord's day and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Apocalypse 1:11 Saying: What thou seest, write in a book and send to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamus and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.

Apocalypse 1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks:

Apocalypse 1:13 And in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks, one like to the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the feet, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

Apocalypse 1:14 And his head and his hairs were white as white wool and as snow. And his eyes were as a flame of fire:

Apocalypse 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as in a burning furnace. And his voice as the sound of many waters.

Apocalypse 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars. And from his mouth came out a sharp two-edged sword. And his face was as the sun shineth in his power.

Apocalypse 1:17 And when I had seen him, I fell at his feet as dead.

And he laid his right hand upon me, saying: Fear not. I am the First and the Last,

Apocalypse 1:18 And alive, and was dead. And behold I am living for ever and ever and have the keys of death and of hell.

Meditation :
Bring all you have read before you at once, as if you saw our Lord.

Then say to Him whatever comes into your mind to say; for instance:--

" His eyes were as a flame of fire," and " His countenance shone as the sun shining [at full] strength."

O my God, the day will come when I shall see that countenance and those eyes, when my soul returns to Him to be judged,

Those eyes are so piercing: they see through me; nothing is hid from them. You count every hair of my head; You know every breath I breathe; You see every morsel of food I take.

Those eyes are so pure. They are so clear that I can look into their depths, as into some transparent well of water, though I cannot see the bottom; for You art infinite.

Those eyes are so loving; So gentle, so sweet; they seem to say, " Come to Me."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Check Page Rank

Share Your Heart and God's Love

This site is a member of WebRing. To browse visit here.

This

Blessed Virgin Mary Ring

owned by
My catholic daily meditation



[ Join | Previous | Next | Skip Previous ] [ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Previous 5 Sites | List Sites ]

This RingSurf

Jesus,
I trust in You

Net Ring owned by
Danielle Stighed.


Random Site | List Sites | JOIN

He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.
~ John 7:38
LIVING WATERS

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete. ~
2 Timothy 3:16,17

Powered by Jesus Christ!

List All Sites

Statistics

Random Site JOIN!

This Living Waters Ring is owned by Danielle Stighed.

This Catholic Moms on the Internet site is owned by My catholic daily meditation.

Want to join the Catholic Moms on the Internet?

[Skip Prev] [Prev] [Next] [Skip Next] [Random] [Next 5] [List Sites]