Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Universalis

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us American Catholic 1,000 Years of Peace Project

Friday, August 11, 2006

 

Night Prayer



We commend our spirit into God's hands.


"There was a rich man whose land produced an abundant harvest. He said to himself, 'I will tear down my barns and build larger ones to store all my grain. I have ample goods stored up for years to come.'
But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded of you.' So it will be for the one who stores up treasure for himself on earth, but is not rich in what matters to God."
Luke 12: 16-21

If we were to pass from this life tonight, we would soon be forgotten. Only those to whom we have done good would remember us, and they are few. That we are given another day on this earth is not to be taken for granted. We would do well to ponder the lessons of this day, and to listen anew to God's voice, so that tomorrow we may walk with God in faith and holiness.


"Lord, in the quiet hour before sleep I turn to you. I reflect on this day, on what I have done, and what I have failed to do.
If I have done any good today, it was when I gave myself up to your will, and allowed you to work in me. All my efforts would be in vain, were it not for the few that had their beginning in you, and that you brought to completion.

I acknowledge the failings of this day: misdeeds I have done, words I have spoken that cannot be taken back, opportunities for good that I have let pass. I do not take for granted your mercy to me. I acknowledge that I do not deserve it. But you have shown me in countless ways the greatness of your love. And so I commend myself to your mercy, and ask forgiveness for my sins.

I do not fear the night, for you are with me. I place my trust in you, and I commend my spirit into your care."

Amen


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Check Page Rank

Share Your Heart and God's Love

This site is a member of WebRing. To browse visit here.

This

Blessed Virgin Mary Ring

owned by
My catholic daily meditation



[ Join | Previous | Next | Skip Previous ] [ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Previous 5 Sites | List Sites ]

This RingSurf

Jesus,
I trust in You

Net Ring owned by
Danielle Stighed.


Random Site | List Sites | JOIN

He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.
~ John 7:38
LIVING WATERS

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete. ~
2 Timothy 3:16,17

Powered by Jesus Christ!

List All Sites

Statistics

Random Site JOIN!

This Living Waters Ring is owned by Danielle Stighed.

This Catholic Moms on the Internet site is owned by My catholic daily meditation.

Want to join the Catholic Moms on the Internet?

[Skip Prev] [Prev] [Next] [Skip Next] [Random] [Next 5] [List Sites]